Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Natalie Wood

I have loved her and her films for so long. Even the not so great films she did like Inside Daisy Clover (1965) I still found her so magnetic and wonderful. Her haircut in that movie really did make me want to scream though. She would have been 73 years young today. She lives on in her films and still captivates people with those huge brown eyes and distinctive voice. I always thought that she and Elizabeth Taylor had two of the most detectable voices. I could pick them out anywhere. Her character Wilma Dean Loomis in Splendor in the Grass (1961) made me want to cry every time I watched her mental and emotional stuggle. She made it all too real.

Natalia Nikolaevna Zakharenko (Natalie Wood) 1938-1981

                                                  Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
                                           Natalie Wood and James Dean in Rebel Without A Cause (1955)
                                              Natalie and Warren Beatty in Splendor in the Grass (1961)

                                               Natalie in The Searchers (1956)

                                            Natalie and husband Robert Wagner. They were married twice. The first marriage lasted from 1957-1962, the second lasted from 1972 to her death in 1981.




1 comment:

  1. She was so Beautiful!! Happy late Birthday Natalie! R.I.P, ""Oh and great blog!!""

    ReplyDelete