Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Clockwork Orange

Some people might have seen it as one big acid trip or the end of humanity but A Clockwork Orange (1971) was one of many films that officially signaled the beginning of a new era that was open to sex, ultra-violence, weird dystopian societies,everything offensive and graphic, and plastic penis sculptures. It was the film adaption of the 1962 novel of the same name written by Anthony Burgess. These are just some genius quotes which use the Nadsat language used in the film.


"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence." - Alex Delarge
  "Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!" - Alex Delarge

"And the first thing that flashed into my gulliver was that I'd like to have her right down there on the floor with the old in-out, real savage." - Alex

"The Durango '95 purred away a real horrowshow - a nice, warm vibraty feeling all through your guttiwuts. And soon it was trees and dark, my brothers, with real country dark." - Alex

" So I waited and, O my brothers, I got a lot better munching away at eggiwegs, and lomticks of toast and lovely steakiwegs and then, one day, they said I was going to have a very special visitor." - Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment